Let’s stop and take a deep breath together
@2:50 PM EDT (18:50 UTC) Everyday
- Because ongoing stress can lower immune response.
- Because physical distancing can cause feelings of isolation.
- Because probably the things on your plate can wait ten minutes.
Link leads to a webinar that opens about five minutes before 2:50
Join on-camera any day Become an on-screen panelist here.
Ways to participate
A short introduction is offered at 2:48 each day. Following, are some of the ways that people like to participate. To each their own.
- See that you will not be interrupted for ten minutes.
- Sit relaxed and close your eyes, or observe the screen.
- Observe your breathing and let it go in and out by itself.
- Notice sensations in your body with your mind’s eye.
- Count slowly or repeat an affirmation silently to yourself.
- Visualize a relaxing scene or experience.
- Quietly list people, experiences, or things you are grateful for.
Total @2:50 person/minutes reflecting:
As of 20 Sept 2020
@250 is a voluntary support activity provided for free. The intention is to help anyone to reflect and recharge during a time of stress and uncertainty. There is no prerequisite to join. @2:50 started on March 12 as MIT@2:50 and is now open to the world.
Questions? email: art at at250 dot org
Host @2:50 in your own timezone:
We’ve got the technology and the practice. Here’s how.