Let’s stop and take a mindful breath together
@2:50 PM EST (19:50 UTC) Everyday
Today is day 269
- Because ongoing stress can lower immune response.
- Because physical distancing can cause feelings of isolation.
- Because probably the things on your plate can wait ten minutes.
Join on-camera any day Become an on-screen panelist here.
Ways to participate
A short introduction is offered at 2:48 each day.
- Sit relaxed and close your eyes, or observe the screen or,
- observe your breathing and let it go in and out by itself or,
- notice sensations in your body with your mind’s eye or,
- count slowly or repeat an affirmation silently to yourself or,
- visualize a relaxing scene or things you are grateful for.
@2:50 offers a few simple strategies at the beginning of each period. Here are some resources for additional learning about mindfulness.
MIT Medical has collected a wealth of Resources on mindful reflection.
Our friends at The Center for Mindfulness and Compassion holds daily guided meditation, movement, and mindfulness classes.
Nov. 16 marked the 250th consecutive day of @2:50:
92,020 total person/minutes in mindfulness
The group was coined: “a serenity of meditators”.
As of 29 Nov 2020
@250 is a voluntary support activity provided for free. The intention is to help anyone to reflect and recharge during a time of stress and uncertainty. There is no prerequisite to join. @2:50 started on March 12 as MIT@2:50 and is now open to the world.
Questions? email: art at at250 dot org
Host @2:50 in your own timezone:
We’ve got the technology and the practice. Here’s how.